The siding on your home is one of the first things guests notice when they come over, so you want it to make as good of an impression as possible. If you haven’t thought about this important design element in years — or ever — then it’s probably time to swap out your siding for something brand new. Before you dive into a siding replacement project this spring, know what you should and shouldn’t do during the process.
- Do pick a color you love. On average, vinyl siding has a lifespan of 40 years. With this kind of longevity, you want to be sure that you choose a look that you will love for years to come. Luckily, there’s a wide array of vinyl siding colors that are sure to appeal to your current and future tastes.
- Don’t choose vibrant colors if you live in a sunny and hot climate. While these bold choices may speak to you, sunshine tends to fade color. When you choose a vibrant color, the sun damage will be much more obvious than on darker shades, making your siding appear older than you would prefer.
- Do get another opinion. Having a second pair of eyes look at something is always helpful in the decision-making process. Ask your friends and family to look over your siding options to ensure that you are making the right choice for your home.
- Don’t install it yourself. A poorly-executed installation job can make your home look like a disaster and end up costing you more in the long term. If you don’t properly fit the siding, water may leak inside your home. Contact trusted siding contractors to do the job right the first time.
- Do take professional advice about the vinyl siding best suited for your home. You will have to choose from an array of thickness options for your vinyl siding, and the professionals will know what will work best for your home.
- Don’t delay replacing your siding. When your siding is worn or peeling, the structural integrity of your home is in danger. Your energy bills may also be higher than they need to be, as the compromised siding allows heat and cold to seep out of your home.
Choosing your siding can seem like a daunting task, but you’ll forget about the challenge as soon as the beautiful new siding is on your home. If the outside of your home needs an upgrade, contact Pro Home Services.