It’s that time of year- the leaves change color, they fall off the trees, and right into your gutter.. unless you have a gutter guard! If you live on a wooded lot or residential area, chances are your gutters are constantly getting clogged with leaves and you may be a good candidate for gutter guards!
However, do your research before making the call. There are many things to consider before you’re ready to install.
- Clean your gutters before installing guards. Sounds like a no brainer, right? But obviously, you don’t want to entomb your leaves in your gutters once they are capped with a gutter guard. Make sure your gutters are clear, or ask your installer to do it.
- Gutter guards install fairly quickly. We regularly install gutter guards within hours on the average house. Proper selection and preparation are the key to efficient installation of your gutter guards.
- Gutter guards can be installed on existing gutters. You don’t have to have new gutters to have gutter guards. We can install a gutter guard product right on top of your existing gutters. They come in a variety of colors that will come close to the color of your gutters. It can alos be a last minute addition to your new roof installation.
- Gutter guards are an investment that add value to your home. Gutter guards, just like new siding or windows, are an extra, maintenance-saving feature that may be important to the next owner when it comes time to sell your home.
- There are different ways to install gutter guards. Most gutter guards are placed right on top of the gutters. Some of them are installed under the shingles so they end up sloped and the leaves will not pile on top of them.These gutter guards are considered “self cleaning”.
- Gutter guards are long-lasting. Most installations will last as long as your gutters, or even your house. They also often come with 20+ year warranties so there is usually no need to worry about frequent replacements or repairs.
- There are different types of gutter guards. At Pro-Home Services, we install two main brands of gutter guards and each has their own unique features and advantages.
Leaf Relief Gutter guards are locally available, made of aluminum, and an affordable choice for most homeowners. They can drain 29.7 inches of rain per hour, which is much more than the highest rainfall ever recorded. They also have a flat top with holes large enough for rain, but not for leaves, twigs or other natural debris. The brand Leaf Relief comes in 39 different colors, so they will match the gutters you have and the product is backed by a 25-year “no clog, no overflow” guarantee. The brand claims to be “the most effective gutter protection on the market” and lies flat on your gutter, so it is completely invisible.
The Raindrop Gutter Guard System is a high-quality option for those who want to make a long-term investment in their gutters. The gutter guards are constructed out of high-quality polyurethane. These guards are like a black grate on top of your gutter, keeping out the big stuff so there are no clogs. They have unbeatable durability and performance, but just in case, there is also a 20-year limited, transferable warranty for Raindrop Gutter Guards. They are installed either on top of the gutter, or under the shingles to be “self cleaning”.
Many people believe that gutters are incomplete without a gutter guard system. At Pro-Home Services, we want to offer you the best products we can to keep your home’s exterior beautiful and functional, all year round. If you are replacing your roofing, siding, doors or windows this fall, consider gutter guards. After all, fall is for watching the football game not cleaning the gutters! For a free estimate, call 630-790-0800 or contact us today.